9 Tips On Getting Through Disney World Security Quickly
The Disney World security check takes place before you enter each of the parks, which ensures the safety of all guests. I know the excitement of being so close to the Magic Kingdom gates can get the better of you, but stay calm and follow these guidelines to get through the security check as quickly and efficiently as possible.
1. Don't try to sneak in things not allowed in the parks. Disney have a full list of what is not allowed - most of which is obvious - so don't waste time trying to sneak stuff in. It's not worth holding up the queue and risk not being allowed into the park at all.
2. Be polite by saying hello and thank you. Most security officers are friendly and chatty and there's no need to get angry or rude because they're just doing their job. Remember this is all happening for your own protection.
3. If you can, don't take a bag. You can use the no bag line and get right through security.
4. If you don't take a bag, be prepared to go through the metal detector. Prepare by getting everything out of your pockets to be placed on the tray before you pass through. After you've walked through, pick up your things and leave the area.
5. If you're taking bags or a stroller, you'll need to go through bag check. When choosing a line, don't just look for the shortest line. Look at WHO are in the lines. Choose a line where people are just carrying one bag, no strollers and if there is one officer serving one line of guests or two lines. A line of 5 teenagers with little bags will go through faster than a line with a couple with two backpacks and a stroller.
6. Standing in line can be boring, but don't stand there on your phone or be distracted (unless Mickey is walking by). Pay attention and be aware with what is going on around you. Everyone wants to get through it as quickly as possible, and you don't want to have to force people to tap your shoulder to move forward because you're watching a funny cat video on your phone.
7. When you've chosen your line and you're in the queue, prepare your bags for the check. Open ALL zipped compartments of your bags AND any another zipped purses, wallets, camera bags etc in your bag ready for inspection. If you have any carrier bags, hold them open. If you have a stroller, remove all bags from underneath because the bottom shelf area will need to be checked.
8. Prepare to be picked to go through the metal detector. Random guests are asked after the bag check to go through the metal detector, in this case, refer back to #2,.
9. GET OUT THE WAY. After you've been through security, don't hover around the area just past the security check. Stay well clear and get out the way of other guests passing through.
If everyone follows these steps everyone will get through security a lot faster and continue with their magical day.