9 Tips On Getting Through Disney World Security Quickly
The Disney World security check takes place before you enter each of the parks, which ensures the safety of all guests. I know the excitement of being so close to the Magic Kingdom gates can get the better of you, but stay calm and follow these guidelines to get through the security check as quickly and efficiently as possible.
1. Don't try to sneak in things not allowed in the parks. Disney have a full list of what is not allowed - most of which is obvious - so don't waste time trying to sneak stuff in. It's not worth holding up the queue and risk not being allowed into the park at all.
2. Be polite by saying hello and thank you. Most security officers are friendly and chatty and there's no need to get angry or rude because they're just doing their job. Remember this is all happening for your own protection.
3. If you can, don't take a bag. You can use the no bag line and get right through security.
4. If you don't take a bag, be prepared to go through the metal detector. Prepare by getting everything out of your pockets to be placed on the tray before you pass through. After you've walked through, pick up your things and leave the area.
5. If you're taking bags or a stroller, you'll need to go through bag check. When choosing a line, don't just look for the shortest line. Look at WHO are in the lines. Choose a line where people are just carrying one bag, no strollers and if there is one officer serving one line of guests or two lines. A line of 5 teenagers with little bags will go through faster than a line with a couple with two backpacks and a stroller.
6. Standing in line can be boring, but don't stand there on your phone or be distracted (unless Mickey is walking by). Pay attention and be aware with what is going on around you. Everyone wants to get through it as quickly as possible, and you don't want to have to force people to tap your shoulder to move forward because you're watching a funny cat video on your phone.
7. When you've chosen your line and you're in the queue, prepare your bags for the check. Open ALL zipped compartments of your bags AND any another zipped purses, wallets, camera bags etc in your bag ready for inspection. If you have any carrier bags, hold them open. If you have a stroller, remove all bags from underneath because the bottom shelf area will need to be checked.
8. Prepare to be picked to go through the metal detector. Random guests are asked after the bag check to go through the metal detector, in this case, refer back to #2,.
9. GET OUT THE WAY. After you've been through security, don't hover around the area just past the security check. Stay well clear and get out the way of other guests passing through.
If everyone follows these steps everyone will get through security a lot faster and continue with their magical day.
Book your 2023 Walt Disney World Resort holiday today to take advantage of Disney's "The Magic is Yours" package . Book your stay on select dates to take advantage of Disney's best offer for 2023.
"The Magic Is Yours... Read more >
Disney has announced the return of more Enchanting Extras at EPCOT today. Behind the Seeds is returning. This one-hour walking tour gives you an up-close and personal view of amazing plants, insects and fish throughout f... Read more >
On the evening of August 15th, Disney let local residents know that they will be conducting fireworks tests at around midnight at the Magic Kingdom. Curious why Disney would be doing fireworks tests when 'Disney Enchantm... Read more >
Over the summer, Walt Disney World has seen the return of many character meet and greets and character dining. While there's still a few characters yet to return, two characters are now back in their meet and greet meeti... Read more >
With many other cruise lines dropping their testing requirements, we're eagerly awaiting when/if Disney will alter theirs. Today, Disney updated their "know before you go" page, but the only restriction that was changed ... Read more >
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular is a nighttime show at Disney's Hollywood Studios that has not yet returned, just like Fantasmic. Even though Fantasmic has a return date of "2022" we all agree needs to come back ASAP. ... Read more >
Orlando International Airport (MCO) will open their brand new terminal - Terminal C - towards the end of September 2022. Airlines flying from the UK have already announced they'll be landing at this new terminal, those a... Read more >
Orlando International Airport (MCO) has been building a brand new terminal (Terminal C) to increase their capacity to cope with the amount of travellers visiting Florida each year. Terminal C will be home to 24 Food & B... Read more >
If you're going to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween party this year, you can take the experience up a notch by also booking Disney's Not-So-Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party. After you enjoy an hour of dessert buffet feas... Read more >
A new "Transportation" section has been added to My Disney Experience this morning. Tap on the bottom right hamburger menu icon, and you'll see the new Transportation section at the bottom. When you tap it, you'll see a... Read more >