9 Tips On Getting Through Disney World Security Quickly
The Disney World security check takes place before you enter each of the parks, which ensures the safety of all guests. I know the excitement of being so close to the Magic Kingdom gates can get the better of you, but stay calm and follow these guidelines to get through the security check as quickly and efficiently as possible.
1. Don't try to sneak in things not allowed in the parks. Disney have a full list of what is not allowed - most of which is obvious - so don't waste time trying to sneak stuff in. It's not worth holding up the queue and risk not being allowed into the park at all.
2. Be polite by saying hello and thank you. Most security officers are friendly and chatty and there's no need to get angry or rude because they're just doing their job. Remember this is all happening for your own protection.
3. If you can, don't take a bag. You can use the no bag line and get right through security.
4. If you don't take a bag, be prepared to go through the metal detector. Prepare by getting everything out of your pockets to be placed on the tray before you pass through. After you've walked through, pick up your things and leave the area.
5. If you're taking bags or a stroller, you'll need to go through bag check. When choosing a line, don't just look for the shortest line. Look at WHO are in the lines. Choose a line where people are just carrying one bag, no strollers and if there is one officer serving one line of guests or two lines. A line of 5 teenagers with little bags will go through faster than a line with a couple with two backpacks and a stroller.
6. Standing in line can be boring, but don't stand there on your phone or be distracted (unless Mickey is walking by). Pay attention and be aware with what is going on around you. Everyone wants to get through it as quickly as possible, and you don't want to have to force people to tap your shoulder to move forward because you're watching a funny cat video on your phone.
7. When you've chosen your line and you're in the queue, prepare your bags for the check. Open ALL zipped compartments of your bags AND any another zipped purses, wallets, camera bags etc in your bag ready for inspection. If you have any carrier bags, hold them open. If you have a stroller, remove all bags from underneath because the bottom shelf area will need to be checked.
8. Prepare to be picked to go through the metal detector. Random guests are asked after the bag check to go through the metal detector, in this case, refer back to #2,.
9. GET OUT THE WAY. After you've been through security, don't hover around the area just past the security check. Stay well clear and get out the way of other guests passing through.
If everyone follows these steps everyone will get through security a lot faster and continue with their magical day.
Join the FREE Mickey From The UK email club & never miss any of our Disney content
Tick the box to confirm you want to signup to our email club
HTML Link: Click the text box above which will highlight, and then copy/paste the link.
All Disneyland Paris packages bookings made by 2nd April 2023 will receive a FREE crossing with P&O Ferries when you arrive between 1st April and 30th September 2023.
Benefits of Coming by C... Read more >
The 30th anniversary continues... and the magic is shining brighter than ever! It's time to dream bigger, laugh louder and smile wider as the 30th Anniversary continues until the 30th September, ... Read more >
Mickey From The UK flew to the Walt Disney Company corporate headquarters in Burbank, California yesterday because Disney CEO Bob Iger and Disney Parks Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D'Am... Read more >
12,500 Disney Cast Members voted on a new contract offered by Disney after negotiations with the union, and 97% agreed to approve it. The deal includes a minimum of $17/hour for new and existing ... Read more >
Disneyland Paris has unexpectedly paused all sales of their annual pass, sort of like what they've been doing at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort. Disney have said they are suspending sale... Read more >
The Walt Disney Company is sadly letting 7,000 employees go by the summer. The WSJ reports that this will include the entire "metaverse" division. It'll also include scrapping the teams Bob Chape... Read more >
Disneyland Paris (division of The Walt Disney Company) has reported a record $2.6 Billion revenue for 2022 (via Forbes). Disneyland Paris revealed it made a $51 million (€47 million) operating... Read more >
Disney PhotoPass has announced a new "Video Memories" feature built into the My Disney Experience app. It takes your PhotoPass photos and creates videos for you to share. Video Memories is availa... Read more >
Disney has announced that on May 14th, 2023, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall at EPCOT will resume serving breakfast and lunch. The princess meet & greet restaurant reopened for dinner at the end of 2... Read more >