9 Tips On Getting Through Disney World Security Quickly
The Disney World security check takes place before you enter each of the parks, which ensures the safety of all guests. I know the excitement of being so close to the Magic Kingdom gates can get the better of you, but stay calm and follow these guidelines to get through the security check as quickly and efficiently as possible.
1. Don't try to sneak in things not allowed in the parks. Disney have a full list of what is not allowed - most of which is obvious - so don't waste time trying to sneak stuff in. It's not worth holding up the queue and risk not being allowed into the park at all.
2. Be polite by saying hello and thank you. Most security officers are friendly and chatty and there's no need to get angry or rude because they're just doing their job. Remember this is all happening for your own protection.
3. If you can, don't take a bag. You can use the no bag line and get right through security.
4. If you don't take a bag, be prepared to go through the metal detector. Prepare by getting everything out of your pockets to be placed on the tray before you pass through. After you've walked through, pick up your things and leave the area.
5. If you're taking bags or a stroller, you'll need to go through bag check. When choosing a line, don't just look for the shortest line. Look at WHO are in the lines. Choose a line where people are just carrying one bag, no strollers and if there is one officer serving one line of guests or two lines. A line of 5 teenagers with little bags will go through faster than a line with a couple with two backpacks and a stroller.
6. Standing in line can be boring, but don't stand there on your phone or be distracted (unless Mickey is walking by). Pay attention and be aware with what is going on around you. Everyone wants to get through it as quickly as possible, and you don't want to have to force people to tap your shoulder to move forward because you're watching a funny cat video on your phone.
7. When you've chosen your line and you're in the queue, prepare your bags for the check. Open ALL zipped compartments of your bags AND any another zipped purses, wallets, camera bags etc in your bag ready for inspection. If you have any carrier bags, hold them open. If you have a stroller, remove all bags from underneath because the bottom shelf area will need to be checked.
8. Prepare to be picked to go through the metal detector. Random guests are asked after the bag check to go through the metal detector, in this case, refer back to #2,.
9. GET OUT THE WAY. After you've been through security, don't hover around the area just past the security check. Stay well clear and get out the way of other guests passing through.
If everyone follows these steps everyone will get through security a lot faster and continue with their magical day.
Join the FREE Mickey From The UK email club & never miss any of our Disney content
Tick the box to confirm you want to signup to our email club
HTML Link: Click the text box above which will highlight, and then copy/paste the link.
In case you didn't hear, Bob Chapek has been fired and Bob Iger has returned to the Walt Disney Company CEO role for at least two years. Social media exploded as fans (primarily Disney Parks fans... Read more >
In a new SEC filing, it was confirmed the board of directors of the Walt Disney Company fired ex-CEO Bob Chapek. On November 20, 2022, The Walt Disney Company (the "Company") appointed Robert A.... Read more >
News broke on Sunday that Bob Chapek has left the company and Bob Iger has returned as CEO. CEO Bob Iger (via SA) is wasting no time to begin reorganising the company. Kareem Daniel, the head of ... Read more >
The Walt Disney World company last night announced the firing of the controversial CEO Bob Chapek with immediate effect. Bob Iger will return to the Walt Disney Company as their CEO. Full stateme... Read more >
Walt Disney World has changed their table service restaurant cancellation policy starting this week. Previously, if you didn't show or cancel your table service booking within 24 hours you would ... Read more >
The Disneyland Paris 30th Anniversary celebration and Mickey’s Dazzling Christmas Parade each took home a IAAPAHQ Brass Ring Awards last night! Disneyland Paris was recognised last night by t... Read more >
Disney Cruise Line has announced the purchase of a partially complete cruise ship to add to its fleet. The ship will be based outside the US - likely targeting the asian market - and will be addi... Read more >
CNBC has obtained a memo from Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Chapek he sent to staff. The memo announces plans to initiate a hiring freeze as well as some job cuts. Hiring for the small subset of th... Read more >
Disneyland Paris has shared with us their upcoming food & beverage offerings for the upcoming winter season. These food & beverage items will be available across the parks and hotels starting Nov... Read more >