Universal Studios Orlando To Officially Reopen June 5th
Universal Orlando has announced that on June 5th all 3 of their theme parks (Universal Studios Florida, Islands of Adventure, and Volcano Bay) will open to the public. They have published a FAQ
with a lot of information about what guests need to know if they plan to visit.
What new operational procedures are in place for Universal Orlando Resort?
We are implementing specific procedures and practices that are in line with CDC guidelines for the safety and health of our team members and guests. These new procedures will cover three areas - screening, spacing and sanitization – and key measures include:
- Guests and team members are required to wear face coverings
- Guests and team members are required to undergo temperature checks. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will not be able to enter Universal CityWalk or the theme parks
- Staggered parking within the parking garage to help create distance between travel groups
- Limiting and reducing daily park attendance and attraction ridership in Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and Universal’s Volcano Bay
- Increasing cleaning and disinfection of food locations, ride vehicles and other frequent “touch points” that go beyond our already-aggressive cleaning procedures
- Social distancing at all locations through the parks, within attractions and queues and at restaurants
- Having Virtual Line available for select attractions
- Offering cashless payments and “no touch” policies where possible
Please note the CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. Guests should evaluate their risk in determining whether to visit. People who show no symptoms can spread COVID-19 if they are infected, any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19, and we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit.
Walt Disney World theme parks and resorts are currently closed until further notice, an opening date has yet been announced.
British Perspective Disney Parks News, Photos, Reviews, Guides, & More