9 Tips On Getting Through Disney World Security Quickly
The Disney World security check takes place before you enter each of the parks, which ensures the safety of all guests. I know the excitement of being so close to the Magic Kingdom gates can get the better of you, but stay calm and follow these guidelines to get through the security check as quickly and efficiently as possible.
1. Don't try to sneak in things not allowed in the parks. Disney have a full list of what is not allowed - most of which is obvious - so don't waste time trying to sneak stuff in. It's not worth holding up the queue and risk not being allowed into the park at all.
2. Be polite by saying hello and thank you. Most security officers are friendly and chatty and there's no need to get angry or rude because they're just doing their job. Remember this is all happening for your own protection.
3. If you can, don't take a bag. You can use the no bag line and get right through security.
4. If you don't take a bag, be prepared to go through the metal detector. Prepare by getting everything out of your pockets to be placed on the tray before you pass through. After you've walked through, pick up your things and leave the area.
5. If you're taking bags or a stroller, you'll need to go through bag check. When choosing a line, don't just look for the shortest line. Look at WHO are in the lines. Choose a line where people are just carrying one bag, no strollers and if there is one officer serving one line of guests or two lines. A line of 5 teenagers with little bags will go through faster than a line with a couple with two backpacks and a stroller.
6. Standing in line can be boring, but don't stand there on your phone or be distracted (unless Mickey is walking by). Pay attention and be aware with what is going on around you. Everyone wants to get through it as quickly as possible, and you don't want to have to force people to tap your shoulder to move forward because you're watching a funny cat video on your phone.
7. When you've chosen your line and you're in the queue, prepare your bags for the check. Open ALL zipped compartments of your bags AND any another zipped purses, wallets, camera bags etc in your bag ready for inspection. If you have any carrier bags, hold them open. If you have a stroller, remove all bags from underneath because the bottom shelf area will need to be checked.
8. Prepare to be picked to go through the metal detector. Random guests are asked after the bag check to go through the metal detector, in this case, refer back to #2,.
9. GET OUT THE WAY. After you've been through security, don't hover around the area just past the security check. Stay well clear and get out the way of other guests passing through.
If everyone follows these steps everyone will get through security a lot faster and continue with their magical day.
It was announced last year that the company behind the much-loved popular H20 products were discontinuing the brand leaving the toiletry options at Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, and more... Read more >
Disney has updated the online EPCOT map which now shows the completed World Celebration area. You can see in the middle the new green areas and EPCOT floor design, as well as Walt The Dream statu... Read more >
If you're wondering how the Magical Shuttle works, you've come to the right place! This is our guide to the Magical Shuttle bus/coach service which transports guests from ORLY and Charles De Gaul... Read more >
When we visit Disneyland Paris we usually get a private transfer as it never cost much more and we wanted to get to the parks with as little fuss as possible. But with taxi costs creeping up, we ... Read more >
Disney has released official photos of the Hatbox ghost now featuring at the Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom Park. Guests will be able to enjoy the Hatbox ghost and his head switching shenanigan... Read more >
We've stayed at Disney Hotel Cheyenne three times now, once in 2021, once in 2022, and once in 2023. Here is our review of Disney Hotel Cheyenne.
? Great theming throughout
? Rooms are in gen... Read more >
Earlier in the year Disneyland Paris axed the majority of the Disneyland Annual Pass (now called Disneyland Pass) and increased the prices across the board. One of the benefits was "privilege tic... Read more >
The "Walt the Dreamer" statue has been installed (still begins walls) at EPCOT. Disney Parks shared a video showcasing the installation, however it does appear to have been altered from the orig... Read more >
It hasn't gone unnoticed on social media this week that some Walt Disney Company profiles on X (formerly known as Twitter) have been inactive since last week. Disney (among other companies) repor... Read more >
Disneyland Paris has announced the new "Disney Symphony of Colours" offering debuting in early 2024. This new offering will be the successor of the incredible Disneyland Paris 30th celebrations w... Read more >
British Perspective Disney Parks News, Photos, Reviews, Guides, & More