All Changes Coming To Walt Disney World Resorts When They Reopen
Disney has updated their website with new information about what is happening at Walt Disney World resorts when they reopen.
We made some important updates at our Disney Resort hotels and implemented a number of new health and safety measures.
What You'll Need
Before traveling to Florida, please make sure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Florida. Visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/ for information. Guests who are under isolation or quarantine orders must not enter Walt Disney World Resort.
Please be aware that you'll also need:
- A confirmed room reservation for your stay. Be sure to link your reservation to your Disney account to receive important information prior to your arrival—visit My Plans to get started
- A confirmed dining reservation if you're a day Guest (not staying overnight)
- Face coverings for each Guest age 2 and up—which must be worn in all public areas, except while swimming or seated for dining
- Planning to visit a theme park during your stay? Select Walt Disney World theme parks will begin to reopen on July 11. To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date is required (a Disney Resort hotel reservation does not guarantee theme park access)
Also, it's highly recommended to have:
- The latest version of the My Disney Experience app on your mobile device, with location services and notifications enabled
- Cashless or contactless forms of payment, including MagicBands.
Persons who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, have been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 14-day quarantine, or are under quarantine orders must not enter Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney World Resort Guests may be subject to additional screenings. Before you leave home, please check the temperatures of everyone in your party—including yourself—as an extra layer of precaution.
If you need to reschedule your reservation, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639. If you're a Disney Vacation Club Member, please call Member Services at (800) 800-9800.
Disney Resort Hotel Guest Benefits
During the initial reopening period, some benefits may be modified or unavailable.
Disney's Magical Express® Service
Complimentary airport transportation via Disney's Magical Express service will be available for Guests arriving and departing from Orlando International Airport.
Many airlines have modified their flight schedules, so please confirm your flight information. If you plan to use Disney's Magical Express service, contact your room reservation booking agent, or call (407) 939-1936 to make any updates to your flight information on file.
As a result of the COVID-19 impact, FastPass+ service will be suspended for the time being as we plan to use additional queue space to manage capacity for attractions and maintain physical distancing. With that in mind, access to FastPass+ planning is temporarily unavailable. We will share updates at a later date.
Extra Magic Hours
The Extra Magic Hours benefit is unavailable until further notice.
When you stay at a Disney Resort hotel, enjoy peace of mind knowing that your room will be thoroughly cleaned prior to your arrival and serviced during your stay. Plus, common areas will receive enhanced cleaning.
We've increased cleaning in high-traffic areas such as public elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more.
Prior to your arrival, your room will undergo thorough cleaning—with attention to:
- High-touch areas, like TV remotes and door handles
- Housekeeping tools will be cleaned between rooms
- Floors, which will be steam cleaned and vacuumed between Guests
Inside your room, you'll find:
- Extra linens and towels wrapped in single-use packaging
- Individually wrapped glassware
- Double-cased pillows
- Additional items that have been cleaned and wrapped in single-use packaging
And during your stay, your room will receive a light cleaning service every other day, which will include:
- Removal of trash and used towels
- Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout the room and bathroom
- Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
- Vacuuming if needed
- You can also decline every-other-day service.
Please note that:
If you're a Disney Vacation Club Member using your Membership to stay, you'll receive service on the 4th and 8th days, unless you decline that service. If there is more than one room on your reservation and you choose to decline service, your selection will apply to all rooms on the reservation. We reserve the right to enter any room at a Disney Resort hotel for maintenance, safety, security or any other purpose, even if the Room Occupied sign is displayed on the room door. View Walt Disney World Resort Property Rules.
Transportation & Parking
Learn about parking and transportation options at Walt Disney World Resort.
Complimentary Resort Transportation
Before the theme parks reopen, bus transportation will be available between your Disney Resort hotel and Disney Springs area.
When the theme parks reopen, complimentary transportation will also be provided between your Disney Resort hotel and Disney theme parks.
Transportation will operate with physical distancing measures in place, reducing capacity. As a result, you may experience delays
Minnie Van Service will not be available during the initial reopening period.
Self-parking will be available. Valet service is temporarily unavailable, with the exception of Guests with disabilities who may require parking assistance. A valid disability parking permit is required. Parking fees apply for Disney Resort hotel Guests.
Some Disney Resort hotel services will be modified or unavailable during the initial reopening period, based on physical distancing and health guidelines.
- Bell Services will deliver luggage to rooms, but will not escort Guests
- Club-level service will be temporarily unavailable
- Deliveries will only be made to occupied rooms
- In-room celebrations will not be available
- Dry-cleaning and valet laundry services will be temporarily unavailable; self-service laundry will remain available
- Shipping services will be temporarily unavailable
- Resort airline check-in service may be temporarily unavailable
- Resort Amenities & Recreation
Amenities and recreation will be modified based on physical distancing and health guidelines.
- Feature pools may operate with reduced hours; leisure pools will be open 24 hours a day
- Pools will operate with reduced capacity to allow for physical distancing
- Select poolside activities may be available at select Resort hotels
- Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will not be available during the initial reopening period; Guests of this Disney Resort hotel may enjoy the leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas
Fitness Centers & Sports Courts
- Fitness centers will open in alignment with state and county regulations, and may have reduced hours
- Fitness centers may have reduced hours and capacity
- Instructor-led fitness classes will not be available
- Fitness and sports courts will be open, and Guests must maintain physical distancing
Activities and schedules will vary. The schedule of activities for your Disney Resort hotel will be shared during your stay.
In merchandise locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort, Guests will continue to discover favorite Disney items, with some modifications to the shopping experience that will help us manage capacity and foster physical distancing.
- New Product Launches: New collection product launches and limited-edition merchandise will not be available for in-person purchases at Walt Disney World Resort until further notice. As always, Guests can find these items on shopDisney, subject to availability.
- Pin Trading: We will continue to offer Guests the opportunity to pin trade with Cast Members through the use of pin boards in select locations. Cast pin trading with lanyards will not be available at this time to maintain physical distancing.
- Delivery Option: Package delivery to the front of our theme parks or to Disney Resort hotels will be suspended. However, shipping merchandise to Guests' homes continues to be available.
- Dressing Rooms: For the time being, dressing rooms will not be available.
- Returns: In-person returns will be available upon the reopening of our merchandise locations.
The following amenities and experiences will not be available during the initial reopening period:
- Character experiences
- Dog parks
- Electrical Water Pageant
- Marina rentals
- Pin trading
- Spas, salons and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Additionally, the following special offerings and childcare services will not be available during the initial reopening:
- Fireworks voyages and tasting cruises, including the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage
- Fun runs
- Wonderland Tea Party at Park Fare
- Hula lessons
- In-room childcare services
- Mermaid school
- Special classes and programs—including culinary, cultural and animal programs
Check In Online
To aid in physical distancing efforts, we strongly recommend that you use Online Check-In Service in advance—online or with the My Disney Experience app.
When your room is ready, you'll get a room-ready notification. Then, you can use either a MagicBand or the My Disney Experience app digital key feature to enter your room!
If you don't receive your MagicBand(s) prior to your vacation, simply use the My Disney Experience app as a digital key to enter your room. At your convenience, you can visit the Front Desk to pick up your MagicBand(s).
On your scheduled checkout day, you'll be automatically checked out of your room—so you don't have to visit the Front Desk (unless you have unresolved charges to your Disney Resort hotel folio).
Virtual Chat With a Resort Cast Member
Beginning June 22, you can chat with a Resort Cast Member via the My Disney Experience app for assistance during your stay. This new feature will offer convenient support nearly anytime—so there's no need to visit the Lobby or stand in line.
Join the FREE Mickey From The UK email club & never miss any of our Disney content
Tick the box to confirm you want to signup to our email club
HTML Link: Click the text box above which will highlight, and then copy/paste the link.
Disney has announced today that the beloved Splash Mountain attraction will be closing on January 2rd, 2023. Throughout the 2023 and an unannounced period of time in 2024, the Splash Mountain... Read more >
It's no secret that Disney Village at Disneyland Paris needs to some TLC, and Disney is giving it just that! A little while ago Disney announced the huge transformation of Disney Village, and tod... Read more >
We recently sailed on the Disney Wish (which we will be publishing reviews soon) and couldn't be more disappointed with how the photo system works on Disney Cruises. On the Halloween night, we go... Read more >
For those who don't know, Disney's Caribbean Beach had a selection of pirate-themed rooms at the resort. These special themed rooms were created because they were at the back of the resort and ga... Read more >
Capital D is reporting (Via Scott Gustin) that the "Global Dream" ship - the partially complete cruise ship Disney Cruise Line purchased - was acquired for only €40million Euros. The initial ... Read more >
Disneyland Paris has announced the "Disneyland Paris Pride" event night will take place on June 17th, 2023, and tickets are now available.
Celebrate diversity at Disneyland Paris on 17 June 20... Read more >
Yesterday, Bob Iger attended a town hall meeting with cast members to give some insight on some of his plans as he returns to the CEO role. Here are some tidbits from the town hall meeting:
Ex-C... Read more >
Just as I was praising the 15 Euro meal deal at the Pizza Outpost, Disney has gone and increased the prices and gutted some of these meal options. Many quick-service meals have increased by 1 or ... Read more >
Last week the Walt Disney Company board of directors fired Bob Chapek and brought back Bob Iger as CEO. Today, Bob Iger has tweeted expressing his gratitude and excitement to be back as CEO of th... Read more >
In 2023, Disney Cruise Line will celebrate their 25th anniversary dubbed "Silver Anniversary at Sea". There will be special entertainment, merchandise, and celebratory experiences during select... Read more >