All Changes Coming To Walt Disney World Resorts When They Reopen
Disney has updated their website with new information about what is happening at Walt Disney World resorts when they reopen.
We made some important updates at our Disney Resort hotels and implemented a number of new health and safety measures.
What You'll Need
Before traveling to Florida, please make sure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Florida. Visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/ for information. Guests who are under isolation or quarantine orders must not enter Walt Disney World Resort.
Please be aware that you'll also need:
- A confirmed room reservation for your stay. Be sure to link your reservation to your Disney account to receive important information prior to your arrival—visit My Plans to get started
- A confirmed dining reservation if you're a day Guest (not staying overnight)
- Face coverings for each Guest age 2 and up—which must be worn in all public areas, except while swimming or seated for dining
- Planning to visit a theme park during your stay? Select Walt Disney World theme parks will begin to reopen on July 11. To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date is required (a Disney Resort hotel reservation does not guarantee theme park access)
Also, it's highly recommended to have:
- The latest version of the My Disney Experience app on your mobile device, with location services and notifications enabled
- Cashless or contactless forms of payment, including MagicBands.
Persons who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, have been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 14-day quarantine, or are under quarantine orders must not enter Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney World Resort Guests may be subject to additional screenings. Before you leave home, please check the temperatures of everyone in your party—including yourself—as an extra layer of precaution.
If you need to reschedule your reservation, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639. If you're a Disney Vacation Club Member, please call Member Services at (800) 800-9800.
Disney Resort Hotel Guest Benefits
During the initial reopening period, some benefits may be modified or unavailable.
Disney's Magical Express® Service
Complimentary airport transportation via Disney's Magical Express service will be available for Guests arriving and departing from Orlando International Airport.
Many airlines have modified their flight schedules, so please confirm your flight information. If you plan to use Disney's Magical Express service, contact your room reservation booking agent, or call (407) 939-1936 to make any updates to your flight information on file.
As a result of the COVID-19 impact, FastPass+ service will be suspended for the time being as we plan to use additional queue space to manage capacity for attractions and maintain physical distancing. With that in mind, access to FastPass+ planning is temporarily unavailable. We will share updates at a later date.
Extra Magic Hours
The Extra Magic Hours benefit is unavailable until further notice.
When you stay at a Disney Resort hotel, enjoy peace of mind knowing that your room will be thoroughly cleaned prior to your arrival and serviced during your stay. Plus, common areas will receive enhanced cleaning.
We've increased cleaning in high-traffic areas such as public elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more.
Prior to your arrival, your room will undergo thorough cleaning—with attention to:
- High-touch areas, like TV remotes and door handles
- Housekeeping tools will be cleaned between rooms
- Floors, which will be steam cleaned and vacuumed between Guests
Inside your room, you'll find:
- Extra linens and towels wrapped in single-use packaging
- Individually wrapped glassware
- Double-cased pillows
- Additional items that have been cleaned and wrapped in single-use packaging
And during your stay, your room will receive a light cleaning service every other day, which will include:
- Removal of trash and used towels
- Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout the room and bathroom
- Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
- Vacuuming if needed
- You can also decline every-other-day service.
Please note that:
If you're a Disney Vacation Club Member using your Membership to stay, you'll receive service on the 4th and 8th days, unless you decline that service. If there is more than one room on your reservation and you choose to decline service, your selection will apply to all rooms on the reservation. We reserve the right to enter any room at a Disney Resort hotel for maintenance, safety, security or any other purpose, even if the Room Occupied sign is displayed on the room door. View Walt Disney World Resort Property Rules.
Transportation & Parking
Learn about parking and transportation options at Walt Disney World Resort.
Complimentary Resort Transportation
Before the theme parks reopen, bus transportation will be available between your Disney Resort hotel and Disney Springs area.
When the theme parks reopen, complimentary transportation will also be provided between your Disney Resort hotel and Disney theme parks.
Transportation will operate with physical distancing measures in place, reducing capacity. As a result, you may experience delays
Minnie Van Service will not be available during the initial reopening period.
Self-parking will be available. Valet service is temporarily unavailable, with the exception of Guests with disabilities who may require parking assistance. A valid disability parking permit is required. Parking fees apply for Disney Resort hotel Guests.
Some Disney Resort hotel services will be modified or unavailable during the initial reopening period, based on physical distancing and health guidelines.
- Bell Services will deliver luggage to rooms, but will not escort Guests
- Club-level service will be temporarily unavailable
- Deliveries will only be made to occupied rooms
- In-room celebrations will not be available
- Dry-cleaning and valet laundry services will be temporarily unavailable; self-service laundry will remain available
- Shipping services will be temporarily unavailable
- Resort airline check-in service may be temporarily unavailable
- Resort Amenities & Recreation
Amenities and recreation will be modified based on physical distancing and health guidelines.
- Feature pools may operate with reduced hours; leisure pools will be open 24 hours a day
- Pools will operate with reduced capacity to allow for physical distancing
- Select poolside activities may be available at select Resort hotels
- Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will not be available during the initial reopening period; Guests of this Disney Resort hotel may enjoy the leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas
Fitness Centers & Sports Courts
- Fitness centers will open in alignment with state and county regulations, and may have reduced hours
- Fitness centers may have reduced hours and capacity
- Instructor-led fitness classes will not be available
- Fitness and sports courts will be open, and Guests must maintain physical distancing
Activities and schedules will vary. The schedule of activities for your Disney Resort hotel will be shared during your stay.
In merchandise locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort, Guests will continue to discover favorite Disney items, with some modifications to the shopping experience that will help us manage capacity and foster physical distancing.
- New Product Launches: New collection product launches and limited-edition merchandise will not be available for in-person purchases at Walt Disney World Resort until further notice. As always, Guests can find these items on shopDisney, subject to availability.
- Pin Trading: We will continue to offer Guests the opportunity to pin trade with Cast Members through the use of pin boards in select locations. Cast pin trading with lanyards will not be available at this time to maintain physical distancing.
- Delivery Option: Package delivery to the front of our theme parks or to Disney Resort hotels will be suspended. However, shipping merchandise to Guests' homes continues to be available.
- Dressing Rooms: For the time being, dressing rooms will not be available.
- Returns: In-person returns will be available upon the reopening of our merchandise locations.
The following amenities and experiences will not be available during the initial reopening period:
- Character experiences
- Dog parks
- Electrical Water Pageant
- Marina rentals
- Pin trading
- Spas, salons and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Additionally, the following special offerings and childcare services will not be available during the initial reopening:
- Fireworks voyages and tasting cruises, including the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage
- Fun runs
- Wonderland Tea Party at Park Fare
- Hula lessons
- In-room childcare services
- Mermaid school
- Special classes and programs—including culinary, cultural and animal programs
Check In Online
To aid in physical distancing efforts, we strongly recommend that you use Online Check-In Service in advance—online or with the My Disney Experience app.
When your room is ready, you'll get a room-ready notification. Then, you can use either a MagicBand or the My Disney Experience app digital key feature to enter your room!
If you don't receive your MagicBand(s) prior to your vacation, simply use the My Disney Experience app as a digital key to enter your room. At your convenience, you can visit the Front Desk to pick up your MagicBand(s).
On your scheduled checkout day, you'll be automatically checked out of your room—so you don't have to visit the Front Desk (unless you have unresolved charges to your Disney Resort hotel folio).
Virtual Chat With a Resort Cast Member
Beginning June 22, you can chat with a Resort Cast Member via the My Disney Experience app for assistance during your stay. This new feature will offer convenient support nearly anytime—so there's no need to visit the Lobby or stand in line.
Book your 2023 Walt Disney World Resort holiday today to take advantage of Disney's "The Magic is Yours" package . Book your stay on select dates to take advantage of Disney's best offer for 2023.
"The Magic Is Yours... Read more >
Disney has announced the return of more Enchanting Extras at EPCOT today. Behind the Seeds is returning. This one-hour walking tour gives you an up-close and personal view of amazing plants, insects and fish throughout f... Read more >
On the evening of August 15th, Disney let local residents know that they will be conducting fireworks tests at around midnight at the Magic Kingdom. Curious why Disney would be doing fireworks tests when 'Disney Enchantm... Read more >
Over the summer, Walt Disney World has seen the return of many character meet and greets and character dining. While there's still a few characters yet to return, two characters are now back in their meet and greet meeti... Read more >
With many other cruise lines dropping their testing requirements, we're eagerly awaiting when/if Disney will alter theirs. Today, Disney updated their "know before you go" page, but the only restriction that was changed ... Read more >
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular is a nighttime show at Disney's Hollywood Studios that has not yet returned, just like Fantasmic. Even though Fantasmic has a return date of "2022" we all agree needs to come back ASAP. ... Read more >
Orlando International Airport (MCO) will open their brand new terminal - Terminal C - towards the end of September 2022. Airlines flying from the UK have already announced they'll be landing at this new terminal, those a... Read more >
Orlando International Airport (MCO) has been building a brand new terminal (Terminal C) to increase their capacity to cope with the amount of travellers visiting Florida each year. Terminal C will be home to 24 Food & B... Read more >
If you're going to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween party this year, you can take the experience up a notch by also booking Disney's Not-So-Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party. After you enjoy an hour of dessert buffet feas... Read more >
A new "Transportation" section has been added to My Disney Experience this morning. Tap on the bottom right hamburger menu icon, and you'll see the new Transportation section at the bottom. When you tap it, you'll see a... Read more >